Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bike vs Car

Our friend Mark has a cool blog called Bike v Car.  Mark got a new car and a new bike on the same day and he has challenged himself to put more miles on the bike than on the car over the coming year.  So far the demands of modern life have allowed the car to jump off the line to a comfortable lead, but the challenge year is still young and, no matter what, the blog is full of Mark's great shots of the English countryside that serve as the backdrop for many of his bike rides.

Obviously, every time I check out Bike v Car I am overcome with jealously that Durham Salad Days does not have its own Bike v Car challenge.  Don't worry, I'm not going to start doing anything crazy like actually riding a bike, but I will present you, my gentle readers, with two of my favorite videos of supreme vehicle control and general derring-do in the hopes of settling the question of superiority between bikes and cars.

First, Danny Macaskill has a pleasant bike ride through an old train station:

Second, Ken Block goes motoring outside Paris:


One video has the best stunts, and one has the best soundtrack.  I suppose it's a tie.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for the blog link Matt. Loved the cycle video and the soundtrack is awesome.

    Ken Block is mad - they featured him on Top Gear in an airport http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFF2bkiHNVQ

    ReplyDelete